Raising a single child is absolutely alright; do not let the external pressure and guilt affect you. You can raise an only child with good attributes of sharing and negotiation. You might be worried about loneliness but friends are often a new family.
- Teach social skills by frequent interactions with neighbours and close family members.
- Make sure the child is not too dependent. Help your child become more self reliant, share daily chores; this will keep them occupied and make them independent.
- Talk to them often, try to be best friends and do crazy stuff with your toddler. Like pretend play, cycling, clay moulding or racing.
- Let them have play dates or you can also think of enrolling in weekend sessions for dance, music or sports.
- Ensure that the evenings are spent outdoors – parks and gardens.